Questions about Anime: email@example.com
We will answer your questions as soon as possible.
1. What is Anime?
Anime is the Japanese word for animation or cartoon, rumored to be from the French designs anime. It is often referred to as Japanese animation or Japanimation.
2. What’s so great about anime?
Anime has more respect in both America and Japan because it has a more developed storyline, better animation quality, and more complex characters than American animation. Yet anime is not all-revered in Japan. While it has more respect as a medium than in America, it is still considered for kids.
3. What kinds of anime are there?
Anime is targeted to many different audiences. Much like movies, there are Sci-Fi, romance, drama, etc. And like movies, these elements are often combined. So, much of anime cannot be easily sorted, but here are a few groups that are represented in anime.
– Shoujo – Young girls age 10-18. Shoujo anime targets young girls with stories usually about girls with compelling stories or dilemmas. Shoujo includes “Sailor Moon”, “Magic Knights Rayearth”, “Marmalade Boy”, and many others. Something is shoujo if its manga appears in a shoujo manga book. Shoujo anime usually is full of little accessories that girls buy, like all the Sailor Moon stuff.
– Shounen – Young boys age 10-18. Shounen anime targets young boys the usual way young boys are targeted: guns, girls, and robots. Shounen includes “Mobile Suit Gundam”, “Rurouni Kenshin” and others. Shounen anime is full of things that can be made into toys, like robots and cars and planes, etc.
– Hentai – This is adult anime. Usually, it is VERY graphic.
4. What do you think of Yaoi/Yuri anime?
I like Yaoi, but have never seen Yuri.
5. Which Anime Character Is Your Least Favorite?
Reading your comment made me realize you have haven’t watched a single anime. Do, Don’t prejudge it!
6. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
7. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Does this guy count?
8. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Well I’m guessing you’d probably think Ranka and Alto but honestly I don’t think so. I mean I really more support Ranka and I welcome Alto because he cares deeply for Ranka and they make a cute couple that works well. But well I’m no fan of Alto outside of his caring for Ranka, I’d probably drop him like a fly for another guy if Ranka ever found someone who was good for her. So going with Keiichi and Belldandy even though they are the slowest couple in anime history but they are very sweet together and I like them both a lot. Best part is there is none of this love triangle business in Ah My Goddess.